Install the Sigfox gateway
The package with the Sigfox gateway includes a Quick Start Guide that explains the steps required to connect and start the gateway. Please read and follow this guide to correctly install the gateway.
The Sigfox gateway comes as a plug’n’play solution, but might need to be configured in some cases. For detailed installation recommendations and product specifications, please refer to the Sigfox gateway’s Product Manual. If you still have problems, check out the troubleshooting tips. All resources can be found at micro.sigfox.com.
When the LED on the gateway is a solid green, all is OK and the gateway is up and running.
Set up the project
If you don’t have an organization, but have been invited to a project, skip this step.
To correctly set up a new project:
- Create a new project
- See the guide: How to create a new project
- Add devices to the project (required prior to use!)
- See the guide: How to add and remove devices from a project
- Add users to the project (required to receive alarms)
- See the guide: How to add, edit and remove users on a project
- Add maturity calibrations to the project (required for strength prediction)
Set up casts and monitorings
Each transmitter needs to be appointed to a monitoring in the web portal. This way, the data from each transmitter will be easy to identify and assess both during and after the concrete monitoring.
- Create casts and monitorings
- See this guide: How to create casts and monitorings