Install the thermocouples
Install and secure the type K thermocouples properly at the predetermined positions in the structure before concrete placement.
- The tip of the thermocouple should be secured at the exact position where you would like to measure the concrete temperature
- Secure the thermocouples using plastic cable ties or strong tape so they stay in place during concreting operations
- Shelter the thermocouples from direct impact during pouring by fastening them along the bottom of the reinforcement (also using plastic cable ties or strong tape)
- Consider the ideal route from the monitoring position to the transmitters. The thermocouples must be long enough so they do not get pulled
Connect the Maturix transmitters
When you have correctly installed the thermocouples, you can connect them to the transmitters:
- Connect each thermocouple to a transmitter
- Ensure that you insert the thermocouple plug correctly into the transmitter’s socket. The plug has one wide pin and one narrow pin.
- When the thermocouple is connected, the transmitter will start sending data and the LED will light up for a couple of seconds and start flashing
- Mount the transmitter at a secure location
- Make sure the transmitter will not get damaged during operations
- Reassure that the thermocouples are well-positioned and well-fastened, so they will stay in place and will not get damaged or disconnected during pouring
- Check under Devices in the web portal that data is being received by all transmitters which have a thermocouple connected
Once everything has been successfully installed and connected, pour the concrete.
After pouring, check that the thermocouples are still properly connected to the transmitters. If the thermocouples are pulled out, the temperature readings will not be transmitted.
After you have installed the monitoring equipment properly and the thermocouples have been connected to the transmitters you can start the monitorings.
- Start the monitorings
- See the guide: How to start and stop monitorings
Within 10 minutes from when you have started the monitorings, the temperature readings will begin to be displayed in the cast report.
If you start the monitoring before the concrete has been poured, the report will most likely include data that should not be included in the maturity calculation and strength prediction. In this case, you can use the Data Editor to adjust the start time.